Friday, June 6, 2008

Heading towards Bear Country

Well, we leave Sunday for bear country...and as a security blanket to myself, on a camping trip, I'm bringing along DVDs. That's correct. You heard right. DVDs. (and a DVD player)

Not only will Josh and I be journeying on this trip, but the whole cast of "9 to 5" and "the Devil Wears Prada." Who knew so many could fit into a tent!

This insane/brilliant idea came to me when I was scoping out bug spray on the Target website. I saw the electronics tab, and thought, ok. why not?

why not, indeed. It's just a look, right?

And then, I had a mental image of my nights up north, in the cold dark tent, wided-eyed, awake, and curled up in the fetal position beside my snoring husband at three o'clock in the morning. Suddenly, I hear a couple of muffled grunts and growls outside. My breath catches as I glimpse a large ominous shadow on the other side of a 1/8" polyester barrier... scene fades to black.

So I'm bringing some movies. This is truly a security blanket, albeit one made out of metal and wiring. But I actually want to have a good time on this trip in spite of my fears (I will not let them dictate where I want to go!) and so each nite before bed, I will be accompanied by my friends, the cast of these films.

In all of their jolly escapades, I shall escape my fears.

No comments: